Enhancements & Bug fixes between Build 80000 and 80100
- Support for managing Windows Server 2012 and computers running Windows 8 OS has been included
- Desktop Central Server migration settings have been enhanced to include support for migration when Server and Database runs on different computers
- Ability to define criteria-based custom group of computers has been included.
- Warning to notify low disk space on the Desktop Central Server has been included.
- You will now be able to include more devices types like Portable, Tower, All in Ones, etc., to your Dynamic Custom Group.
- Issue in initiating a remote connection as a Desktop Central user other than the default 'Admin' user has been fixed
- Issue in accepting special characters in Custom Group Name has been fixed
- Issue in MSSQL Database migration has been fixed.
- Issue in listing 'Dynamic Custom Reports' has been fixed.
- Issue in displaying contents of the network browser is fixed.
- Issue in displaying 'improper Column names' in random fields, has been fixed.
Scope of Management
- Support for managing Mac computers included.
- Option to automatically add/remove computers from SoM when a computer gets added/deleted from Active Directory has been included
- Option to automatically remove computers that do not contact the Desktop Central Server for specified number of days has been included
- Alert has been introduced to notify the sync failures in AD Sync.
- Issue in replicating the patches to the Distribution Server when checksum validation fails has been fixed.
- Option to auto-detect OU/Group changes and to apply the relevant configurations has been included.
- Message displayed in the Reboot Policy can be localized.
- Windows Storage Server Edition detection has been enabled.
- Issue in agent executable getting crashed when WMI is not enabled on the computer has been fixed.
- Issue in agent on-demand client component has been fixed.
- When a configuration is applied to multiple OU's with exclusion criteria for specific machine types, 'DCconfig Application Error' gets displayed in the target computers/users. This issue has been fixed.
- Six new Configurations templates have been added
- Custom script configuration now includes support for executing Power Shell scripts.
- Windows Services configuration will now support restarting a service.
- Issue in allowing access to USB devices from Device Manager when it has been disabled from Secure USB configuration has been fixed
- Issue in applying the File/Folder Configuration when the file/folder has a trailing space at the end has been fixed
- Issue in applying configurations to users/computers of a child domain has been fixed.
- Issue in getting updates from computers/users to which a configuration was not deployed has been fixed.
- Issue in displaying 'secure USB excluded device list' has been fixed.
- Issue in enabling overwrite option, while modifying 'File Folder Configuration' has been fixed.
- Issue in deploying configurations to all the computers when using dynamic custom group as a target, which has 'not equal' criteria defined within it, has been fixed.
- While creating "Install Fonts Configuration" from templates, issue in duplicate entries has been fixed
- Issue in resetting user profiles to default values in Folder Redirection configuration for OS versions Vista and above has been fixed.
- Auto-Uninstallation of Prohibited software now extends support to EXE based applications
- Automatic retrieval of warranty information has been enhanced with proper error handling and date detection logics.
- Inventory reports have been enhanced with 'Asset Tag' details.
- Issue in automatically uninstalling a prohibited software when the MSI is installed with "Just Me" privilege
- Issue in fetching the warranty details of a computer when Desktop Central Server connects to the internet via Proxy Server has been fixed.
- Issue in reporting multiple monitors' details has been fixed.
- Issue in showing duplicate monitor details when computers have multiple monitors has been fixed.
- Issue in fetching the Product Key of MS Visual Studio and Visual Studio 2010 has been fixed.
- "Prohibited software exclusion filter" issue has been fixed.
- The details of the user who request to use a prohibited software will also be sent along with the computer from where the request is initiated.
- Issue in fetching inventory details from Mac Mini and Mac Book Air has been fixed.
- Patch scanning has been optimized to reduce the scan timing.
- Office Patch Detection Mechanism is enhanced.
- Ability to download java patches automatically has been handled
- Reboot/shutdown option in the Reboot Policy creates a alert message for the end user after patch and software deployment stating that, the computer will be rebooted/shutdown in the specified time. Users can now postpone the Reboot/shutdown time by clicking on the drop down from the alert message box.
- Patch Scan Systems view will now show the date and time at which the computer was previously rebooted.
- Problem while creating APD has been fixed
- Issue in changing the owner of the APD task with the user who has modified it has been fixed.
- System Health policy and Configure Proxy view has been re-enabled under Patch settings
- Script engines associated with the following script types will be associated automatically for executing the pre- and post-installation scripts in Software Deployment :.vb, .js, .jse, .exe, .bat, .vbe, .vbs, .wsf, .wsc, .wsh, .reg
Mobile Device Management
- Mobile Device Management capability has been included to manage mobile devices running iOS 4.0 and above
- Chat feature has been added
- Options to schedule Remote Shutdown, Wake On LAN, and Scheduled Report tasks on a specific day of the week has been included
- Duration of a remote connection is now represented in hh:mm:ss instead if minutes
- Remote Control will now include an additional column to show the last contact time.
Servicedesk Plus Integration
- Ability to add work log to a ServiceDesk Plus request from Remote Control has been included.
- Issue in accessing Desktop Management functions from ServiceDesk Plus console when the domain of the ServiceDesk Plus user has changed is fixed.
- While creating a package using 'SDP - DC iframe console', issue in selecting the installables has been fixed.
- Issue in creating task for Deploying software from Service Desk plus has been fixed
- Issue in Query Report has been fixed.
- Issue in 'User Logon Report Settings' has been fixed.
- In user reports, displaying "0" in "Days to pwd expiry" issue has been fixed.
- Issue in showing the data for Query reports when the date column has null or zero values has been fixed.
- Issue in displaying negative values in "Days To PWD Expiry" field and wrong status in "Is PWD Expired" field has been fixed.